SPECIAL FEATURES OF NGA TMT STEEL
- 100 % refined and quality iron ingot are manufactured.
- The spectrometer is used for testing the quality and proper ratio of 18 elements.
- TMT bar is harder on the outside and is softer on the inside which results in good welding.
- When steel is compounded by cement, it ensures gain strength to the building.
- TMT bar has a
heatingcapacity up to 500° C.
- Controls soil erosion and earthquake resistant.
- Section Weight, RIB formation, Tensile stress are tested for proper proportional.
- Bears IS 1786, IS 2830.
- We are an ISO 9001: 2008 Company.
NGA TMT PROCESS
TMT bars or Thermo-Mechanically Treated bars are high-strength reinforcement bars having a tough outer core and a soft inner core. The very first step of the manufacturing process involves passing the MS Billets through a rolling mill stand. Thereafter, these rolled steel rods are again passed through the water cooling system. While passing the rods through the water cooling system, the water pressure is optimised. The sudden quenching and drastic change in temperature toughen the outer layer of the steel bar, thus making it super tough and durable.
Due to this treatement the inner core remains soft giving the TMT bar great tensile strength and elongation point. This design is unique to the TMT bars and gives superior ductility to the bars. Also, this unique manufacturing technique and the absence of Cold stress make this bar corrosion-resistant and boost its weld ability.
The above treated rods are checked for quality by UTI Machine and by this process the quality is confirmed.
NGA TMT PROPERTIES
|Yield Strength||500 min||550 min|
|Tensile Strength||545 min||610 min|
|Elongation - %||12.0 min||14.0 min|
|Bend - upto 20 mm||4d||3d|
|Rebend - upto 10 mm||4d||3d|
|PROPERTIES||As per IS 1786||NGA TMT|
|Carbon (Max%)||0.30||0.17 to 0.23|
|Sulphur & Phosphorous (Max%)||0.11||0.090|
IS 1786 Kg/Metre
|0.2% Proof Stress||500 N/mm² (minimum)||550 N/mm² (minimum)|
|Tensile Strength||545 N/mm² (minimum)||610 N/mm² (minimum)|
|Elongation||12.0 % (minimum)||14 - 16.0 % (minimum)|
NGA TMT COMPARISION TABLE
|Bar Size||As per IS 1786|
|Offered by NGA Kg/Metre|
|8mm||0.367 - 0.423||0.370 - 0.400|
|10mm||0.574 - 0.660||0.580 - 0.620|
|12mm||0.844 - 0.932||0.850 - 0.900|
|16mm||1.501 - 1.659||1.520 - 1.600|
|20mm||2.396 - 2.544||2.420 - 2.480|